Being a social enterprise, we focus on self-empowerment of a common man with Digital Skills and Digital Medium as foundation platforms. The two things essential for self empowerment are self-learning and self-sustainability - finding answers to one's unknown by themselves. With Digital Literacy, one can equip skills needed to be self-learnable & self-sustainable.
India being a developing nation it is essential to take actions to ensure sustained development. Sustainability is possible only when everyone is enable to actively participate in nation's building. The affordable smartphone and mobile internet prices contributed a lot in the growth of smartphone and internet users across the nation. However, the usage is mostly limited to communication and entertainment.
We are running a Cyber cafe in our native in the effort of understanding people's opinions, motivations and barriers about the internet and e-services. We observed, 90% of the people who come to us are those with smartphones and active mobile internet. It's the lack of awareness and/or poor past experiences demotivates them from moving beyond communication and entertainment to try something new on the Digital world.
Digital Empowerment Campaign:
In our Digital Empowerment Campaign, we are targeting people who are already smartphone and internet users but with limited usage - mostly, communication and entertainment. We want to help people see Digital Skills and Digital Medium as foundation platform for reaching their full potential.
As a part of the campaign, we will be doing two things:
- Digital Empowerment Pledge Signup
- Session on "Digital Literacy -A Path towards self-empowerment"
At the campaign, we have the goal of helping people to see Digital skills as a way to explore and find their interest, build new skills, create/find opportunities and to secure themselves in the Digital environment. Thus, making well-informed digitally empowered citizens.
We will focus on cultivating strong basics of Digital Literacy that are sufficient to understand how to access, evaluate, create and share digital information using digital devices. We don't want to get into deeper details as it will disrupt the individuals freedom of choice and expression. It is the right of every individual to decide how and what they want to use digital resources for.
Simple Campaign Goal
Simple goal of the campaign is to make every individual capable of "Answering to all their unknowns by themselves" using the digital resources.
Here is our, Pledge campaign points in English & Tamil:
- I Pledge...
- Not to share my username and password with anyone
- Not to involve in any kind of Cyberbullying
- To think twice before sharing my personal information in digital medium
- To learn Digital skills to actively participate and use the Digital world responsibly
- To use Digital medium as a platform to explore my interest, build new skills and find/create opportunities
- To become self-learnable and self sustainable with Digital Literacy - finding answers to my unknown myself
- To educate Digital skills to as many people I can
- நான் எடுக்கும் வாக்குறுதி ...
- என் பயனர்பெயர் மற்றும் கடவுச்சொல்லை யாரிடமும் பகிரமாட்டேன்
- எவ்விதமான இணைய மிரட்டல் செயல்களிலும் பங்கேற்கமாட்டேன்
- என் தனிப்பட்ட தகவல்களை இணையத்தில் பகிரும் முன் ஒருமுறைக்கு இருமுறை யோசிப்பேன்
- டிஜிட்டல் உலகில் பங்கேற்பதற்கான திறன்களை கற்றுக்கொள்வேன்
- டிஜிட்டல் தொழில்நுட்பத்தின் மூலம் என் திறன்களை மேம்படுத்தி புதிய வாய்ப்புகளை உருவாக்கி கொள்வேன்
- என் சந்தேகங்களுக்கு நானே விடைகளை டிஜிட்டல் கல்வியறிவு கொண்டு அறிந்து கொள்வேன்
- என்னால் முடிந்த வரை டிஜிட்டல் கல்வியறிவை பிறருக்கு கற்பிப்பேன்
Take up the pledge
If our pledge created some difference in the way you see Digital world as a self empowerment tool. Acknowledge our pledge by clicking this button.